Happy Friday Friends!
Click here to view this vlog 🙂
Lemon Zucchini Muffins
From Anne Lindsay’s New Light Cooking
• 2 cups spelt flour
• 1 cup shredded (unpeeled) zucchini
• ½ cup sugar (coconut palm or suconat)
• Coarsely grated rind from 1 large lemon
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 2 tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp salt
• 1 egg
• ¾ cup buttermilk or soured milk
• ¼ vegetable oil
• ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
1. Lightly grease or spray nonstick muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, stir together flour, zucchini, sugar, lemon rind, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, lightly beat egg; whisk in buttermilk, oil and lemon juice. Pour over flour mixture and stir just enough to moisten, being careful not to over mix.
4. Spoon into prepared pans. Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until tops are golden and firm to the touch.
Makes 12 muffins.
If desired, you can make a glaze with small amounts of lemon juice or water, and your choice of sugar above.