Happy Monday Everyone!
It is getting chilly out there as we come into the last week of October. This weeks recipe is Chicken Chili Soup, its easy to make and with 16 servings you have enough for the week as well as some for the freezer. I drained the beans, rinsed them and changed the water to no salt chicken broth as well as increased it to 3 cups to make up for the drained beans. If you like it thicker just decrease the broth. Enjoy 🙂
- 1 3/4 pounds diced chicken breast meat
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 4 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans with liquid
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 cups of no salt chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Coat a large pot with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Cook and stir chicken, bell peppers and onion until chicken is brown and peppers are just tender. Stir in corn, beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce and water. Season with chili powder, parsley, garlic powder, cayenne and cumin. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes.
Prep Time: 30mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Nutritional Information per serving: Calories: 140, Fat: 1g, Sodium: 313mg, Potassium: 316mg, Carbs: 13g, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 6g, Protein: 17g.
Sherry Morton-Jibb PTS. RYT. FIS. NWS, Certified Pilates Mat & Reformer Instructor Registered Yoga Teacher. She co-owns Balanced Motion Pilates and Yoga Studio in New Liskeard, ON.