1 Large head of cauliflower, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 gloves garlic
1/4 cup unsalted butter ( or coconut oil)
1 medium onion, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 cup all-purpose Flour ( can use gluten-free flour)
2 ( 15 oz) cans of vegetable broth ( or chicken broth)
1 1/4 cups Almond Milk ( or regular milk)
1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place chopped cauliflower and garlic gloves on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss until well coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place pan in the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes or until cauliflower is tender, stirring once. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add carrots and celery and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Finely chop the roasted garlic cloves. Add the garlic, roasted cauliflower, bay leaf, and dried thyme to the pot. Sprinkle flour over vegetables and stir. Cook until flour disappears.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and stir. Simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the milk and shredded cheese. Stir until cheese is melted and chowder is creamy. Season to taste.
- Ladle in to bowls and serve warm.
Source: Two Peas @ Their Pod
|Nutrition: Calories: 216, CHO – 13g, Fat 14g ( can be reduced with coconut oil and less or no cheese), Pro 11g|